Converting Plain Text
Once you are happy with how your email has been set up in the Visual Builder, you will need to convert the plain text version of the email to match what has been set up in the HTML version.
Why is converting plain text important?
- Email client’s spam filters read the plain text version before determining whether the email can pass through into the inbox, or whether it belongs in the spam folder. The plain text version must match the HTML in order for it to not be perceived as spammy.
- A small percentage of your recipients may be using older email clients which only show the plain text element of an email, therefore this must still be able to show the correct content for this particular subset of your audience.
To carry this out, you will need to take the following steps:
- Toggle from the HTML version into the plain text version
- Click the “Convert HTML to plain text” which is located just above the message body
- Click “Ok” on the pop-up which appears
- The plain text will have adjusted
You can now select “Save and close” in the top right hand corner to save your email.