Opt-in Statement for your Integrate Form
With GDPR regulations, it is especially important to ensure that you have clear consent to contact the students you collect data from.
Luckily, it is quite straightforward to ensure you are meeting this requirement.
We recommend that you duplicate the Integrate (formerly Akkroo) templates in your dashboard, so this way, the ‘opt-in’ to communications statement will already be on your form. This means, you will already be asking for contact permission and therefore will be meeting GDPR requirements.
However, we understand that some clients may want to create Integrate forms from scratch and therefore we have created this short guide to help with set up.
When you are creating your Integrate form, all you have to do is add an ‘opt-in’ to communications statement at the end.
If you are also an RMP Connect user, then you should ensure that this is correctly mapped in RMP Connect, to make sure the data syncs.
Add an ‘Opt-In’ to communications question to your Integrate form
To add an ‘opt-in’ to communications question, start by -:
- Logging into your Integrate dashboard and selecting ‘Events’ on the left menu.
- Next, select the blue ‘Create Event’ on the left.
- Set up your event as you would normally (if you have any questions about this, please follow this link.
- Scroll to the bottom and hit the blue ‘Continue’ button where you will be brought to the Form Builder.
- After you have added your questions, scroll to the bottom of the form and hit the green ‘Add a question’ button.
- Under ‘Contact Fields’, select ‘Opt in’.
- You will then likely want to edit the opt-in statement.
- Under ‘The Question:’, paste in your opt-in statement.
- There are two checkboxes under the question itself, these must be left unticked.
- The first checkbox ‘This question must be answered’ should be left unticked because it would force the student to opt-in whether they wanted to or not.
- The second checkbox ‘Start checked’ should be left unticked to be line with GDPR guidelines.
- If you want to contact students via SMS, you should repeat this action and just edit the statement slightly for SMS.
- Then hit ‘Save & Finish’.
Ensure Opt-in question is mapped to RMP Connect
If you are also a user of RMP Connect, start by logging into the RMP Connect dashboard.
- Scroll to ‘Automated Import’ near the bottom, of the left menu.
- Events sync overnight from Integrate to RMP Connect, so you may need to refresh the list of events, to do this, hit the green 'Refresh Events' button on the top of right of the screen.
- Locate the event you need to map.
- Hit the ‘View’ symbol under ‘Settings’.
- Select the green ‘Edit Event’ button on the right of the screen.
- Your opt-in statement will probably be set to ‘Ignore’, hit the drop-down menu beside it and set it to ‘Email Contact Permitted’.
- Scroll to the bottom and hit the green ‘Save Settings’ button.
Please contact your Account Manager if you have any GDPR related questions or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical questions.