This July, we released a new enhanced version of the Akkroo app on IOS 11 and above and, for the first time ever, on Android Play Store. The new app means you can capture data on a much larger range of devices, as well as bringing improvements to the overall data capture experience at event.
Below is a summary of the updates you'll be seeing. These updates will have an effect on how you use the app, so it’s important to have a read through.
New Akkroo vs Legacy Akkroo
In July, we released a new Akkroo app to both Android and IOS. Note — this is not a standard update to the existing Akkroo app, but a completely separate release.
The new app brings with it:
- Enhanced performance – the new app is faster, with a sleeker look and feel.
- Improved reliability – whenever and wherever you’re using the app both online and offline.
- Upgraded security – as part of our ongoing commitment to high enterprise standards and expectations.
- Future proofing - enabling faster development to meet your future challenges head-on.
- Streamlined check-in process - meaning you can check-in attendees in fewer steps at event. To read more abut our improved check-in process, click here.
To facilitate a smooth transition on to the new version, there are currently two versions of the app appearing on the IOS app store: Akkroo Legacy (older version), and Akkroo (new version).
What does this mean for you?
Your account manager will have likely issued new login details for you to access the new Akkroo app, as your old app login details will not work on the new version.
All customers are now in the process of moving over to the new version of the app. To do this, make sure your devices are running up to date software, and then all you need to do is download the new version by searching 'Akkroo' in your device's app store.
If you are still using Akkroo Legacy (grey icon) currently, it's important to move over to the new version as soon as possible, as the legacy will app will shut down completely on Dec 7th. From this point on, you will no longer be able to login to Akkroo Legacy and any unsynced data will not be recoverable.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with your Account Manager or our support team via email@example.com