Troubleshooting when the Integrate app is running slowly
If the Integrate app is running slowly, please try the following troubleshooting steps.
If you are at an event and you find that the Integrate App is running slowly, there are a few things you can try out.
The first is to check that you are connected to a strong source of WiFi, this is a common issue and it is really important to check because, a weak source of WiFi will allow you to connect but will make the running of the app very slow.
Check for Updates
If you are definitely connected to a strong source of WiFi, the next step is make sure that the Integrate App and the iPad software are up to date.
Check the Integrate App
- Go to the events page on the app
- Hit the drop-down menu on the left of the screen
- Hit Help
- Then hit Diagnostics
- The App Version can be found here
- Hit Apply Update at the bottom of the screen
If you are unsure that the App is up to date, you will also need to check the App Store
- Exit the Integrate App
- Select the App Store for Integrate
- Hit the Search button and search for Integrate
- If there is an update available it will say so by the App and you should apply this
Next, you need to check that the iPad is up to date
- Go to Settings
- Hit General
- Hit Software Update on the top right of the screen
- Select any available updates
In some cases you just need to refresh the app to help it to run smoothly. To do this, you need to double-tap the home button and swipe up on the Integrate App
WiFi Connection Refresh
At times, the WiFi connection may need to be refreshed. Again, this is a simple yet effective troubleshooting measure you can try yourself after refreshing the App.
- First, swipe up to reveal the WiFi symbol
- Hit the WiFi symbol to turn it off
- Next hit the Airplane mode symbol and leave it on airplane mode for at least 10 seconds
- Then turn back on the WiFi and reopen the Integrate App to check the connection
If you are at an event and need to collect records and check-in students quickly (but only have a weak source of WiFi) then it is advisable to put the iPad on airplane mode and then continue (remembering to connect to WiFi and sync your data as soon as you can afterwards).
Too many open events
If you have too many open events in the Integrate dashboard online that may cause a delay in loading times for the Integrate App, to find out more about this, please go to the Integrate Dashboard Troubleshooting section.